Two miles of golden sands and a World Heritage Coast
Exmouth developed as a resort in Georgian times and was once probably the most select seaside resort in Britain. Nowadays it offers a rich mixture of immaculate sands, lovely gardens, a busy harbour and a wide range of sports facilities that combine to make it an excellent resort for all ages and interests. On one side the resort overlooks Lyme Bay, while to the west it looks across the estuary of the River Exe to the Haldon Hills and Dawlish Warren. There are boat trips aplenty but also lots to do on dry land with good shops, a museum, the world's largest OO guage model railway, many old pubs and good walks at every turn. There is a swimming pool, golf, and all forms of water sports including a sailing school. The 25 minute railway
journey to Exeter gives spectacular views of the Exe Estuary, internationally renowned for its wildlife.
Cavendish Hotel Facilities
- In one of the resort's best positions on the level Esplanade and a short walk from the shops & harbour
- All 76 bedrooms have tea/coffee making facilities, hair dryer and TV with radio channels
- All bedrooms have bath or shower andWC
- Entire hotel, including all bedrooms, is a no smoking area
- Lounge with delightful sea views
- Bar lounge with dance floor and entertainment most evenings
- Large screen television lounge
- Games room with snooker and darts
- Central heating throughout
- Lift serves most rooms (a few stairs to some rooms on split level floors. 4th floor not served)
- Extensive car parking
For images click here
More Hotel Details
For more details of hotel facilities, accessibility and location follow this link.
Attractions and Events
For details of attractions and events in and around Exmouth and links to relevant local web sites, click here.
Check out our reviews at these popular independent sites: